Thursday, January 15, 2009

Drawing of the day(s)

Two posts in one day!! I think I saw Satan skating to work this morning.

Okay, so the other day my good buddy, and awesome cartoonist Josh Peters invited me to join a few people in a sketch-a-day 2009. It's as straight-forward as it sounds. A sketch a day. Nothing fancy, just a sketch. Draw something.

Josh is much more on the ball than I am, as are the others. However, I finally got off my ass and did the first three drawings for this. I am REALLY gonna try to keep up with this. With cripplecon this weekend, I won't post until I get back, but even if my sketches are caricatures, they are sketches. Although, I'll try to do something special just for the sketch-a-day.

Okay, here goes.

Yeah, it's a football sketch. Weird choice for my first one, I know, but I really enjoyed the game on Sunday, and since it seems that Akers carries this team, and they wouldn't have even PLAYED a game this week without him last week, I thought he deserved a pic. But I spiced it up with the angry football. Heh.
I shouldn't have to explain this. I was watching Star Trek.

The Progressive cashier. Her real name is Stephanie Courtney, and she's my celebrity crush. Seriously, does anybody else think she's gorgeous? The body was a little rushed, but I like the face.

Well, that's the first three. Tomorrow's will probably be an in-flight sketch. You know, the sketch you do of the sleepy fat guy on the plane? Can't wait. Later!

7 comments:

jonboyjr23 said...

I can't wait to see your pics from the cripplecon. I've seen a sample of how twisted they can be...don't disappoint me! Ps. I'm uploading an image that I did on illustrator on my art blog. Let me know what you think!

Lunchbox said...

Sorry about your Eagles.
Great Jean-Luc.
I have a sort of crush on Progressive's Flo. She's also in a Glade commercial and the remake of Heartbreak Kid.

Aaron said...

I love that football guy, except the shoes.

Wittygraphy: The Caricature Community said...

Your drawings are fantastic! Especially Patrick Stewart.

Please join us at http://www.wittygraphy.com. Wittygraphy is a social network to share, discuss, and promote caricatures. Participation of artists of your caliber means a lot to our community.

Andrew said...

I can't wait to see your pics from the cripplecon...

___________________
Andrew
Apply now Nation wide cash

kanishk said...

looking good, and glad to see you sketching.

Adsense Alternative

joe said...

• We share the opinion on Brille and I really enjoy reading your article.
• Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about Brillen.
• You have given us some interesting points on Brillenfassungen. This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.
• Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about Unisex-Brille.
• I totally agree with you on the point of klassische Brille. This is a nice article for sure.
• I love this klassische Brillen article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.
• I appreciate your bright ideas in this Titan-Brille article. Great work!

This is the best iphone accessories article I have ever found on the Internet.

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful iphone 3g accessories info shared in the article.

I really like this accessories for iphone article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.

I totally agree with you on the point of ipad accessories. This is a nice article for sure.

I am glad to read some fantastic iphone 4 accessories article like this.

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about iphone 3g cases.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about iphone 3g screen protectors.

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of iphone 3g armbands with us, they are helpful.

Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more iphone 3g styluses articles like that.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about iphone 3g chargers. Your views truly open my mind.

We share the opinion on iPhone 3g bundles and I really enjoy reading your article.

Good job for writing this brilliant article of iphone 3g cables.