Friday, November 14, 2008

Finally!!!

Okay, well after being nagged by many of my artist friends, and after attending the NCN convention last week, I finally got off my ass and created a blog so that I can share my work with everyone without using myspace or facebook.... Now I just have to keep up with posts and draw lots of new things...

I left Kaman's art shoppes after four years, and am not really doing any more retail caricature, so I won't have any updates that include that sort of art. But I will have to keep it up on my own. I just couldn't take retail anymore, I finally felt like my work was worth more than 20 bux a pop. I hope i'm right, and I hope I can get a job.

The convention was so inspiring, it was such a blast, I only regret not going sooner. I met so many talented artists, and even artists who I idolize. I ended up winning third place for best cartoon style, and first place for best body situation. I went there hoping I would be recognized, I hadn't dreamed of winning anything my first time, I was thrilled! :) Everyone was so supportive, and it was just really assuring having so many people compliment my work.

Now I'm back home in Philly, and the job search begins. I'm confident I can find something, but in the meantime I really want to try to stay in touch with all the people I met and I'm going to post my stuff on here to get some feedback. Anyways, I'll post my pictures from the con soon.

8 comments:

Troy Zurel said...

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!

Lunchbox said...

Seriously.
Welcome to five years ago...
Now get at least one thing up every week. Even if it's just a tight sketch.

Andrea Gerstmann said...

hurray a blog! I know what it feels like to look for another job after retail caricatures... its tough especially since employers don't seem to realize how valid the experience is... i think your work is worth more then 20 bucks a pop.

Gitter said...

What's up bro, glad to see you on here. The sketches from NCN look sick, your drawing has changed so much since we worked together, anyways all add link to you on my page. Lastly were gonna have to come to philly soon I don't know when But I'll let you know when things start brewing.

Kamal Dollah said...

Hey Alexander,

glad to read about you on your very own blog. At last I knew you a little bit better now. Great work dude, keep it coming.

kanishk said...

cool stuff, my favs are the 1st and last ones.
PPC Advertising India

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.